1. Customers order food via the website www.edible16.org.uk. Customers do not have to order every week.
2. Customers must provide Edible16 with a home address, an email address and a contact phone number. These will be used by Edible16 to contact customers in the event of any queries or problems relating to their orders, so it is important that these details are kept up to date.
3. We will use this information in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act. We will only use it for administration purposes, to send you information about Edible16, to create anonymised statistics about uses of the service, and to help in the resolution of any queries, disputes or legal issues arising from your use of the service. We will not share your information with anyone else except where required to by law, or because of a legal dispute between you
another Edible16 contact, or where you have given us specific permission to pass the information on.
4. We will add your email address to our mailing list to receive our weekly newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time from this newsletter.
5. If you provide us with your mobile number, we will add this number to our text reminder service. You can opt out of this service at any time.
6. Customers will need to pay by credit or debit card at the point of ordering. Customers of Edible16 therefore must have a credit or debit card. Other methods of payment will only be allowed in exceptional circumstances, and will need to be agreed with the Edible16 Manager in advance. Payments will be made via a Payment Gateway, and credit and debit card details will not be collected or stored by Edible16.
7. Customer orders will need to be completed and paid for by midnight on Wednesday for delivery. Once an order has been confirmed the customer is committed to receiving the order.
8. You can subscribe to the Edible16 box scheme at any time. If you subscribe before midnight on a Wednesday your box will arrive on the Friday of the same week. If you subscribe after midnight on a Wednesday your box will arrive on the Friday of the following week.
9. When subscribing to the Edible16 box scheme you are agreeing to a recurring periodic payment for an indefinite time until cancelled by you or us. You can cancel your recurring payment at any time. You can re-subscribe at any time following your cancellation but we reserve the right to not permit re-subscription.
10. You can cancel your subscription at any time by logging in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk. Choose ‘Activity’, click on ‘Edible16 Pre-approved Payments’ and click on the ‘Cancel’ link. You will then receive an email from Paypal to confirm that your subscription has been cancelled.
11. If you do wish to cancel your subscription you must cancel your payment through PayPal the week before delivery is due on the Friday. For example, if your payment to Edible16 is made on a Monday, your payment must be cancelled before Monday to ensure that we do not process your order and arrange delivery on the Friday.
12. We reserve the right, at our discretion, not to renew your subscription at any time without giving a reason.
13. Any special offers are only available to new subscribers unless stated otherwise. If you have already benefitted from an offer it will not be applicable to any further orders or subscriptions.
14. We reserve the right to withdraw any special offers at any time.
15. Alcohol may only be ordered by customers who are over 18. If alcohol is ordered, delivery of the order must be received by an adult aged 18 years or over. Proof of age may be required.
16. Orders will be delivered after 12pm on a Friday afternoon.
17. Delivery is £3 to all addresses within a 20 mile radius of Market Harborough. Edible16 reserve the right to change the delivery charge at any time.
18. There is a minimum order value of £10 for all orders.
19. When making their order, customers must state a suitable place where the delivery can be left if they are not in. This only needs to be stated once and will then be kept on file by Edible16 and referred to for future orders. Please let us know if it changes. If the customer is out, and no suitable place has been specified, the delivery driver will attempt to find a suitable place to leave the order. A calling card will be left notifying the customer of where and when the
order was left. If no suitable place is found we will be unable to leave the order. Notification will be left and the customer must contact Edible16, using the contact details on the website, to arrange collection. If we have to return to deliver the order a £5 charge will be made.
20. Orders will be delivered in an appropriate insulated container with chiller packs if necessary to ensure items remain fresh for as long as possible.
21. If the customer is not in, the goods will be left in the specified place. Edible16 cannot accept any responsibility for the safety of the order as a whole, or for the condition of individual items in the order.
22. The delivery containers will be insulated to keep perishable and frozen goods chilled for a period of time. However, Edible16 cannot accept responsibility for the condition of such items left outside of a customer’s house if the customer is not in to accept delivery.
23. All delivery containers are the property of Edible16. If they are left with the customer, the customer should endeavour to return their box to Edible16 when they make their next order. This can be done by giving them directly to the delivery driver the following Friday or by leaving the empty box in the safe place specified for the delivery driver to collect.
24. Whilst every effort is made to fulfil all orders made, there may be occasions when a producer is not able to supply an item that has been ordered. In this eventuality, a cash refund will be made when the order is delivered and left in an envelope with the order if the customer is not in.
25. Whilst our delivery driver will endeavour to answer queries, they may not be able to resolve problems to the customer’s satisfaction. In the event of any problem with the order, the customer should contact the Edible16 Manager as soon as possible after the order has been delivered. Contact details can be found on our website.
26. Customers use Edible16 at their own risk. While every effort will be made to supply the produce shown on the website, we cannot guarantee availability, quantity or quality.
27. When goods are delivered by producers, Edible16 will undertake quality checks to ensure minimum food safety standards etc have been met by the producer. We cannot guarantee that the product will exactly match that shown in the image on the website.
28. If a customer has paid for something and it is not delivered, or the item is not what was ordered, Edible16 will arrange a cash refund.
29. If Edible16 experiences serious problems on delivery day, we will make every effort to contact customers to let them know.
30. We reserve the right not to accept your order for any reason. Any payments made will be refunded.
31. Cancellation of orders will not normally be allowed. However, in exceptional circumstances a cancellation may be arranged for some non-perishable goods. If customers wish to cancel their order they are required to contact Edible16 by email before Thursday 9am on the week of delivery. A refund for the value of the goods will be arranged as soon as possible, but any costs incurred in returning the goods to Edible16 will not be refunded. Edible16 is not obliged to accept
cancellation of orders for perishable goods.